The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 came into force on 6 April 2012, updating previous asbestos Regulations. RB Designs Ltd can help with your asbestos management needs.
Asbestos management duty
The duty to manage asbestos is contained in regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. It requires the dutyholder to:
- take reasonable steps to find out if there are materials containing asbestos in non-domestic premises, and if so, its amount, where it is and what condition it is in;
- presume materials contain asbestos unless there is strong evidence that they do not;
- make, and keep up-to-date, a record of the location and condition of the asbestos containing materials – or materials which are presumed to contain asbestos;
- assess the risk of anyone being exposed to fibres from the materials identified;
- prepare a plan that sets out in detail how the risks from these materials will be managed;
- take the necessary steps to put the plan into action;
- periodically review and monitor the plan and the arrangements to act on it so that the plan remains relevant and up-to-date; and
- provide information on the location and condition of the materials to anyone who is liable to work on or disturb them.
There is also a requirement on anyone to co-operate as far as is necessary to allow the dutyholder to comply with the above requirements.
How can we help?
RB Designs Ltd asbestos management personnel have completed the British Occupational Hygiene Society’s approved training course P405 ‘Management of Asbestos in Buildings’. Advice can be provided relating to identification of asbestos containing materials and their management, including the preparation of asbestos management plans. Alternatively we can arrange asbestos removal contracts, and act as employers agent in respect thereof.
If you are interested in any of these services please call us on 01306 740997 or click here to contact us.